Hiya, So, got a shock from the tank this weekend. Which is weird since I do have it grounded to the outlet. Last night the light went out and I couldn't get it back on. Was about to go back to bed, so didn't worry about it. Get home from work to figure out what was going on and realized the WHOLE system was off. I have a GIF which everything is plugged into. After playing around with the way things are plugged in, I believe it is probably my protein skimmer. The things 5 years old. How long do they last. It is a HOB system. We are going to replace the electric strip anyway. I have no idea how old that is.